Get the healthy, flawless smile you’ve always wanted.
What Is Cosmetic Dentistry?
Cosmetic Dentistry is typically considered to be any dental procedure where the primary objective is to improve the appearance of your smile (other than orthodontics). Tooth Whitening, Porcelain Veneers, and Porcelain Crowns are the procedures most associated with the term Cosmetic Dentistry. However, every Cosmetic Dentist must also take into consideration your overall oral health. No dentist ever wants to create a dental problem just to give you a great smile. Our team always looks into things like existing cavities or gum infection and especially correct bite alignment is an integral part of most Cosmetic Dentistry procedures.
Benefits Of Cosmetic Dentistry
Most procedures that fall into the category of cosmetic dentistry are considered elective. Why would one invest in a treatment that will have no effect on their overall oral health? Because they want to feel good about their smile. Multiple studies have demonstrated the power of an attractive smile, from a stronger professional image to higher social confidence. The more a person likes their smile, the more they express it and, the more a person smiles, the more benefits they gain. Plus, in our current culture a straight, white, beautiful smile is associated with beauty, health, social status, and even intelligence.
Cosmetic dentistry treatment eliminates the need to hide teeth that are less than perfect. By removing stains, covering chips or other damage, closing gaps, and even replacing lost teeth; cosmetic dentistry can help you have complete confidence in your smile.
Am I A Candidate For Cosmetic Dentistry?
Almost any adult could be a candidate for cosmetic dental treatment. Our first consideration is the general health of the mouth. Existing dental problems such as tooth decay or inflammation and infection in the gums can degrade the final outcome of any cosmetic treatment. Therefore, attention is given to basic dental needs first. With the foundation of good oral health, it becomes possible to consider multiple cosmetic options.
The characteristic that is shared among most people who seek cosmetic dentistry is an interest in improving the appearance of their smile. The particulars of how to achieve this differ from one person to another. Cosmetic dentistry can address numerous concerns, including:
- General discoloration caused by external stains
- Spots on a tooth or teeth caused by fluorosis or intrinsic stains (tetracycline stains)
- Gaps in between teeth
- Slight turning of a tooth or teeth
- Chips or cracks in a tooth or teeth
- Disproportionate teeth sizing related to the length or width of various teeth
- Poor proportion between the gums and teeth (“gummy smile”)
- Corrects Nearly Any Smile Imperfection. Stained/Dark Teeth, Gaps and Spaces, Crooked Teeth, Chipped/Broken Teeth, Missing Teeth, Small Teeth, Gummy Smiles.
- Healthy, Natural, Beautiful Smiles. Your new smile is custom designed in tooth size, shape, and color to perfectly match your facial structure and features.
- A Lasting Investment In Yourself. Your new smile is highly resistant to staining, darkening and future wear.
- Cosmetic & Reconstructive Dentistry is something we have done for over 20 years. For over 20 years South Friendswood Dental has been devoted to Cosmetic & Reconstructive Dentistry. We have now completed thousands of life-changing smile makeovers.
How Much Does Cosmetic Dental Work Cost?
The cost of cosmetic dental work can vary dramatically based on how many teeth have to be treated to give you a healthy, beautiful smile. We never want to give an estimate that is too high or too low. That is why we offer a Complimentary Consultation that will allow us to give you a personalized treatment plan with an all-inclusive fee. These days, about 80% of our patients use financing to help with the expense of this life-changing investment.
Will Insurance Cover Cosmetic Dental Care?
Dental insurance does not typically cover treatments conducted solely for cosmetic purposes. In some cases, insurance may contribute to certain aspects of a comprehensive treatment protocol, such as crowns or other procedures that correct a structural problem that may affect general dental health. However, most people’s dental insurance has a maximum benefit that does not greatly help with the cost of a Smile Makeover. Aspects of dental care that are not covered by insurance do not have to feel burdensome and certainly should not stand in the way of having a smile you love. Third-party financing eases the cost of cosmetic dentistry through a monthly payment plan that fits your budget.
Financing For Cosmetic Dentistry
We Make Having A New Smile Affordable. With today’s amazingly low-interest rates, nearly anyone can afford to have a stunning smile. Click below to visit our Financing Page where you can apply online!